Wednesday, January 7, 2015

LIFE'S OPPORTUNITIES

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas and thank the Lord for all his many blessings the past year. Material things in life are not important but what is important is the time we spend with family and friends. Now, at Thanksgiving I not only enjoy time with family, but I really enjoy the fine food we eat, especially the turkey dressing and homemade biscuits made by the sweet hand of my sweetheart.

During the holidays, my legs starting hurting beginning in November 2014. I started with knees hurting and late November went to see my family doctor, Dr. Hanna, and he examined me and asked me to stop going to the gym and take glucosamine to lubricate my knee joints because he did not think I had arthritis.

The rest of November and December the pain got worse in my legs with throbbing, aching, and numbness on my left shin from knee to ankle. I called my Neurologist to get an appointment and to give me a RX for tramodol for pain to take with lyrica due to neuropathy. At first, I thought it was just the progression of my idiopathic neuropathy I had for last 10 years but if so, it would be advancing fast.

On Jan 5 2015 I went to my Neurologist and he examined me and scheduled a lumbar MRI with contrast for Jan 6th. Results received today Jan 7th. and the MRI shows acute disc extrusion in L-2 and L-3. My Neurologist called and recommended me to see either Dr. Bucci or Dr. MIna and said they had good results with both doctors. However, it would probably be longer wait to see Dr. Mina due to heavier case load. I called Dr. Hanna and asked his opinion and he refers all his patients to see Dr. MIna. But, Dr. Bucci had a cancellation for Jan 8th so I decided to go see him.

As time passes in this life, more physical opportunities are presented like this. But, we have to trust God and know that his will be done. In all things, we need to use these opportunities to meet other people and share our love for God and his redeeming grace for us.

In Christ,

Bruce

No comments: