Monday, October 31, 2011

OCTOBER 27 2011 BRUCE WENT TO ST FRANCIS ER WITH HIGH TEMPERATURE - URINARY INFECTION

On Thursday night October 27 2011 at 11:00pm, my temperature went to 102 degrees within one hour. It frightened all of us because the same thing had happened to me in June 2011 when I was hospitalized for a week with a serious E-coli infection which had gotten in my blood stream caused by a prostate biopsy.

In addition Dr. Glen Daves had just performed an Endoscopy and Colonoscopy 2 days ago on Tuesday Oct 25th and we thought the high temperature may have been caused by either the E-coli or Colonoscopy/Endoscopy.

Dianne called my Gastroenterologist around 10:00pm and the Doctor told me to go to St Francis Downtown where they had my records when I had E-coli.

When I arrived at ER, they gave me IV fluids, took my temperature, blood samples, urine sample, and completed a chest X-Ray. All were normal except the urine test came back positive for urinary tract infection. My Doctor gave me a prescription for Cipro to be taken for the next 10 days. I went home around 4:00am.

Bruce

No comments: